Safety, Sizing, & Care
Safety & Sizing
Always supervise your child when wearing jewelry and remove for napping, baths, and sleeping. Some parents will wrap the necklaces around the child’s ankle and cover with a high sock, sleepsack, or footie pajamas during sleep.
We HIGHLY recommend measuring before ordering! If you can’t, our average sizes are:
- 6.5-7.5” bracelet for women
- 7.5-8.5” bracelet for men
- 18” necklace for women
- 20” necklace for men
- 11” necklace for infants
- 12-13” necklace for toddlers
- 13-15” necklace for ‘big kids’
- 16-18” necklace for teens
Click here for a printable ruler!
Measuring for a Necklace:
With a fabric measuring tape or piece of string, lay around the neck where it looks most comfortable. When using string, be careful not to stretch the string when laying around the neck, and measure the length that looks best.
For infants, toddlers, and children who will try putting jewelry in their mouths, necklaces should be short enough that they can’t get it in their mouth, but long enough that it isn’t tight on their neck like a choker.
Measuring for a Bracelet:
With a fabric measuring tape or piece of string, find the exact size of your wrist. Add roughly ¾ - 1¼" to that measurement for your bracelet size, rounding up if between sizes (depending on how you want the fit).
Remove immediately if damaged.
The beads are 2mm to 6mm (size of a pea) in size. Necklaces are knotted between each bead, so in the rare case the string accidentally breaks the beads won’t scatter.
*MacRae Naturals jewelry is not a toy. It contains small parts and can pose a choking hazard for children under 3. Our jewelry is NOT to be chewed upon or put in the mouth. MacRae Naturals is not responsible for any damage, injury, or even death that may result from improper use of our jewelry. Please use responsibly!*
To recharge and cleanse of negative energy:
- Lay out jewelry in full moonlight. This could be in a car dashboard, windowsill, or even on the ground.
- Do a sage cleanse. Step by step directions can be found here.
- Put jewelry on a Himalayan salt lamp or selenite crystal for approximately 24 hours.
Check out our charging and cleansing tools here.
To remove body oils or debris:
- Add approximately 1 tsp sea salt to a bowl of warm water. Soak jewelry for 2-5 minutes.
*Hazelwood should only do a 1-2 minute soak.
- Gently rub each bead with a soft cloth and let air dry.
- Avoid soaking soft crystals (such as selenite), malachite, and angelite.
*We don't recommend doing a salt soak more than once a month unless your jewelry gets extremely dirty.*
Avoid soaps, perfumes, hairspray, detergents, and oils on your jewelry. When using sandalwood or lava with essential oils, allow time for the oils to dry before stacking with other jewelry.
Avoid rubbing roughly or scrubbing your jewelry.
Remove all jewelry before bathing and swimming.
Your jewelry is fragile, please handle with care.